Very interesting search going on on-line and between people for these 10 DARPA red balloons. Started at 10 am EST today with various groups getting together to find them.
I’m using Twitscoop (http://www.twitscoop.com) and PicFrog (http://picfog.com/search/%22red%20balloon%22) to watch the scene.
Lots of publicly stated and Tweeted “finds”:
– Albany, NY, NYS Museum (photo below)
– Santa Barbara, CA ?#4 (Beach) — pic at http://ping.fm/p/RknvI –34d 24m 51s N; 119d, 41m, 05s, W — another pic link
– Irvine Spectrum, CA (#5), near entrance — appxo. — link to photo
– University of Wyoming 510 East Flint Street, Laramie, WY (supposed #7)
– Delaware? – photo at http://tweetphoto.com/5891723 (another supposed #7)
– Portland, OR, Waterford Park (photo below) (#9)
– Nashville, TN — ??
– Heinz Field, Pittsburgh
– Scottsdale, AZ
– Highland Park, Lafayette, IL
– Fanuell Hall or Dexbury, Boston — ??
– Austin, TX
– Rochester, NY
– Bithlo Speedway, FL (supposedly false report)
– Near 14 Freeway, Marina Del Rey, CA (looks strange)
– Providence River, RI (photo below)
– Royal Oak, MI
– Louisville, KY, near Dixie Highway
– Troy, NY (250 Lark @ Jay)
– 4925 Ashley Park Drive, West Des Moines, supposedly #5 also
Photos posted on Twitpic include: